Data Back Up, Crashing & Retrieval Solution
Mobile Suraksha is a unique application which can be offered, as a solution which guarantees data security. With the increasing use of mobile phones, the threats, misuse and fraudulent acts associated with it, is also on the rise. A pertinent challenge confronted by the mobile users these days, is the serious consequence, in the event of their mobile phone getting lost or stolen. The most vital information pertaining to the owner is also lost and there is very likely chance that the information is misused and will eventually lead to wider ramification. The information stored could range from their personal details, address book or images of their beloved ones.
The users are worried about their valuable data stored in the lost phone, rather than getting concerned about their mobile phones getting lost. Most often, contact details, personal images, videos will appear in the Internet and some times published after doing morphing, editing bring in embarrassment and disgrace to the actual owner’s reputation.
This is solution will protect the Users from the unauthorised use of data and any misappropriation of the data in the event of the mobile phone getting stolen or lost. The proposed software will have the necessary modules to automatically update the data to a server space, prompt crashing of data in the device, preventing any unauthorized copying of data and prevention of unauthorised insert of any other SIM card.
On the event of a mobile being stolen, either the user can send a message to the mobile phone from any phone, or he can send a command from his second phone or from the phone of his friend or relatives where this application is loaded.
- Automatic updation of contact details to a server space
- Crash the data in the device after theft
- Allow send command from other’s mobile
- To prevent any unauthorised copying of data
- Prevent unauthorised insert of any other SIM Card
Data Backup Mechanism
- After installing the application, the application will write the data into a file and send it to the common server. We can send IMEI number as a prefix to the message to the server to identify the user. Upon each update to the mobile database, it will send the entire file including the newly added or edited one to the server. The message will be send through GPRS/EDGE/3G connectivity.
How to import the Data from the Server Space to the New Mobile?
- All the Data will be securely stored in the Server Space of the user. When ever the user wants to copy the Data from the server to mobile, he can just click the IMPORT button in his Server Space and to download the details to his mobile. Data from the Server can be directly imported to any Symbian phones. The only pre requisite is that the user must need the Data eraser application in his new mobile as well.
How to delete the data when the Mobile is lost?
- As mentioned above, user needs to set a password in his mobile. When ever the mobile is lost, user can send a message and erase the data by giving the password to the lost mobile through a command in the form of an SMS. This password will work as the Secret Command for this function. The SMS can be sent in two ways. The password must be complex and it should contain alphabets, numeric and special character for increased security.
Deleting Data from the mobile
- Application will check whether the password is correct or not on receiving the Command by way of SMS. If it is correct, system will get activated and it will send a message to the system to delete the files in the contact, gallery and inbox. If the password is not correct, it will send the SMS to the inbox as usual.